Review: Olivarrier Fluid Oil Squalane

Tuesday, July 25, 2017
 Good afternoon!

I recently received a new skincare item that I was pretty excited about. Jolse kindly sent Olivarrier Fluid Oil Squalane my way, and it worked its way into my skin care routine very quickly.

This isn't my first squalane rodeo. When I first started blogging many years ago, I tried Serious Skincare's 99% Squalane. The other 1% was fragrance, and while I'm generally not crazy about scented skincare (why add scent for no reason? there's nothing to mask!). I detested the rollerball format (why!), so even though the oil itself made my face very supple, I ended up using it mostly on my body.

Olivarrier Fluid Oil is happily, absolutely nothing but pure squalane oil. 30mL comes in a simple, sleek dropper bottle that arrived almost all the way full (see first pic).

Here's a "swatch" on the back of my hand. As you can see, the edges of the oil are blurred, I was trying to line up a nice shot and in that time it already started to sink into my skin. It absorbs within seconds, even quicker when massaged into the face with the fingers and palms.

There's a lot of ways of using this oil. You'll find that you only need a drop or two. You could definitely use the oil pure, unadulterated. I like to use it mixed with other products. For my face I use about half a drop of Fluid Oil, mixed with cream very late in my skin routine. It makes any cream extra emollient. I've mixed it with my Manyo Factory Galactomyces Special Treatment Essence Cream Regular and Rich, enjoyed the feel immensely. I've tried it with Dr Jart Cicapair Cream which is already very slick and dare I say it was.... too emollient?

I like Fluid Oil as a cuticle oil. Mixed into body creams to make them feel even more rich, especially on my feet and hands. My t-zone can get oily so I like to stick to very tiny amounts for my face, but I find that if I use something hydrating first (like moisturizing essences, lotions, toners etc) and follow up with squalane oil, it really locks in the moisture and helps delay dehydration. It makes my face extra supple when paired with the right moisturizing products, otherwise it feels oily. A soft oil, but an oil all the same.

Squalane oil can also be use on the lips (definitely a tip I'm going to try, lips lose moisture so easily) and Olivarrier mentions it can also be used on the hair.

Olivarrier Fluid Oil Squalane is currently $35 and change at Jolse for a 30ml bottle.

Have you tried a squalane oil or an facial oil mix that contained it? There's quite a few brands out there now that make a pure squalane, at all price points.

Products featured was a press sample. For additional information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?
Please be respectful and do not spam links. If you'd like to link back to your own site, please use the feature in Disqus that allows you to do so.