Makeup Travel Bag - Winter Edition
Saturday, December 24, 2016
Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! (belated) Happy Winter Solstice!
I hope that if you're celebrating, you're surrounded by the love of family and friends! I myself have kicked off a three week long vacation, city hopping around. I thought I'd show you some of the stuff that I packed since the last time I showed you what was going into my travel bag, I was headed somewhere tropical. This time around, we're headed for colder climates so I have very different skincare and makeup needs.
Skincare, Hair & Body
1. Travel Kit from Manyo Factory. (I'm bringing everything but the Niacin Essence, including Pure Cleansing Oil, Deep Pore Cleansing Soda Foam, Bifidalacto Complex, Galactomyces Special Treatment Essence Cream, Galactomy Clear Skin Toner. It's $20 at Memebox)
2. Josie Maran Argan Oil sample
3. Alterna CC Caviar Cream. (A deluxe mini that I traded in Sephora points for at some point. Full size is $25)
4. decants of Ryo Anti Hairloss Sensitive Shampoo & Conditioner
5. Scentbird travel spray - Histoires de Parfum Ambre 114 (I recently subscribed to this service, I want at least one more monthly shipment before I review)
6. sample of Diptyque Eau Duelle
7. Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel (Part of a Sephora introductory duo of Drunk Elephant products. I was so excited to see this set at Sephora for $23 as I was hesitant to order the full sized bottles, as they are $50/80, before trying them first)
8 - 10. decants of Missha Time Revolution 'Borabit' Ampoule* (this is something I'll repeat a few times throughout this post, but review incoming), Dr Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (ditto) CosRX Ultimate Moisturizing Overnight Honey Mask (reviewed here)
10. (I'm awful at labeling, apparently) samples of Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder and Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream
11. Sephora Express Eye Makeup Removing wipes (samples came in one of the 3 Sephora party bags)
12 & 13. My Scheming Desert Cactus Black Hydration Mask & O'Liye Ylang Ylang Radiant Whitening Mask (while not this exact O'Liye mask, I reviewed another one and that SC Desert Cactus mask here)
1. A'Pieu Moist Creamy Concealer in Sand (review soon).
2. Diorshow brush (mentioned briefly here).
3. Brush that comes with Mehron iNtense palettes.
4&5. Chikuhodo Takumi T-8 & T-9 (reviewed a few days ago. Using it primarily to groom the brow, since I also packed a brow pencil)
6. Ben Nye KB 00 Brush
7. [It's Skin] Artist Makeup Brush ($12 dupe of Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush, available at YesStyle)
8. Etude House Duo Fibre Cheek Brush (also low cost, $6 at YesStyle)
9. Kanebo KATE Eyebrow Pencil (reviewed here)
10. Jordana Fabuliner Liquid Liner in Black. (I can't remember if it's $2 or $2.50. Either way, it's one of my favorite felt tip eyeliners)
11. BECCA Beach Tints in Dragonfruit (review here) and Papaya (review here). (Still one of my favorite products. Glad that over the years, no price increase at Sephora)
12. The Face Shop Oil Clear Pact (I reviewed the loose Innisfree No Sebum Powder -here- and thought I would try a pressed version too, from another brand. $18 at Urban Outfitters as well as The Face Shop)
13. Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Duo (review scheduled for next week!)
14. The Face Shop KAO Lash Curler. (Overpaid greatly for this compact lash curler, $14 at The Face Shop, kinda salty about it)
15. Benefit They're Real mascara sample
16. Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude (another deluxe sample from Sephora. So tiny, not at all "worth" the 100 points. $48 for 1 oz)
18. forgot to label - Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in The Dolce Vita (full review next week)
I'm pretty glad to be using up a ton of samples in the upcoming weeks. It took me a while to sort through what I had and select mostly products that I've used before, as I didn't want to try too many new items at the same time. I am however, concerned about further dehydration, my skin gets so easily chapped in the winter (and I have yet to meet someone who wants a raw feeling face on vacation). You might be wondering why I brought makeup brushes but only one quad of shadows - I have intentions of picking up a few things in Germany - like a Zoeva product or two.
Wishing you the best this holiday season!
Products featured were mostly purchased by me. *indicates a press sample. Post contains affiliate links. For additional information, please refer to my Disclosure Policy.